Besides the crappy food, diners at Tawa Tandoor on 74th St in Jackson Heights, NY now have to reckon with the problems of Rats and Live Roaches as well.
No kidding, folks.
Tawa Tandoor – Rats and Live Roaches
According to a recent (12-12-2011) NYCHealth Dept. inspection report, Tawa Tandoor on 74th St in Jackson Heights has:
* Evidence of rats or live rats present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
* Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
Tawa Tandoor – Other Critical Violations
Apart from the evidence of rats or live rats and live roaches, Tawa Tandoor has other critical hygiene problems marked in red by the NYC Health Dept.:
* Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
* Wiping cloths soiled or not stored in sanitizing solution.
* Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
* Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
Tawa Tandoor – More Violations
In addition, Tawa Tandoor also has the following problems:
* Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
* Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
* Proper sanitization not provided for utensil ware washing operation.
Tawa Tandoor – 42 Violation Points
Tawa Tandoor received a whopping 42 Violation Points in its December 12, 2011 health inspection.